September 14, 2021 7:25 AM
In Moscow, two people died after eating a watermelon from a neighboring supermarket. The researchers found traces of an insecticide on the fruit. The responsible employee was arrested.
Traces of an insecticide have been found in a watermelon in a Moscow supermarket, which a cleaning company uses to treat sales rooms. An employee who carried out the extermination of insects in the supermarket has now been arrested after two people died after consuming a contaminated watermelon. He faces up to ten years in prison.
On September 9, in Moscow, a 15-year-old girl, her mother and grandmother were hospitalized for poisoning after eating a watermelon from a neighboring supermarket. The girl and the old woman died and the girl’s mother was saved.
According to preliminary findings of forensics, the cause of death for the two family members is acute poisoning.
The Investigative Committee of Russia initiated criminal proceedings for the provision of services that did not meet the safety requirements and thus resulted in the death of people. In addition, an internal investigation was launched at the supermarket while the entire supply of watermelons was being withdrawn from sale.